Business Development Executive
As part of our marketing team, this is a key role in developing our professional services. You will be engaged in a career as a Business Development Executive and be effective in identifying new business opportunities. Working closely with an experienced Business Development Executive and supported by a Client Database Administrator, you will take responsibility for actively managing new business campaigns, identifying business development opportunities and securing qualified appointments.
You will work to challenging monthly targets, with the objective to help nurture high-quality long-term relationships that will lead to new business.
You will act as first point of contact and be responsible for making initial and follow up calls as required. You will be self-motivated, and someone who is not discouraged by rejection, but thrives on success.
You will be required to record information on our CRM System and report accurately to Board level.
You will be expected to contribute to the development of new campaigns and alternative routes to market.
You will have a strong personal drive to succeed. What will set you apart is your enthusiasm, ability to communicate, and to interact with prospective clients and contacts at all levels. You will be required to understand and market the excellent services for which our group of companies is known, and to further develop our portfolio of appointments.
You will have a firm understanding of our group of businesses and the services we offer.
What to expect when working with us
Dalriada takes a multidisciplinary team based approach to the delivery of trustee services – every pension scheme to which we are appointed has access to the full complement of our pension expertise.
We have a UK wide network of offices which means we can provide the benefit of local support to every scheme to which we are appointed. Being accessible is very important to us and we encourage face-to-face discussions with clients (trustees, sponsoring employers and members as appropriate).
We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham and London, with clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Mantle, a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high-quality professional service through strong personal relationships.
About the role
Having grown significantly since inception, we are looking to build upon the success of our new business campaign activity and we are committed to supporting continued growth across our businesses. This will include work on all parts of the group depending on the current need and market conditions.
This role, reporting to the marketing, communications and business development function head will involve working within a clearly defined KPI and target structure. You will be responsible for communicating our propositions both in writing and verbally over the telephone. You will be required to make a significant number of calls to prospective clients on a weekly basis and ensure these are accurately recorded. You will have the astuteness to flag any relevant leads to the appropriate parties. You will be expected to participate in weekly internal Business Development calls with our senior leadership team.
You will be asked to innovate and develop new routes to market with support from our senior management and the business development manager.
Essential Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Five years + experience in a similar role within a pensions or professional services environment.
- Experience and fully conversant with CRM systems, producing data segmentation, analysis reports and utilising the information for further progress.
- Experience of developing BD campaign messaging and processes in business to business environment.
- Strong user of Microsoft Office essential and experience of using CRM systems (Interaction). You will be computer literate and have the ability to accurately update the CRM database to ensure all interactions, calls and emails are recorded comprehensively to create a client profile.
- Knowledge of the industry in which we operate.
- You will be a competent communicator with previous experience of selling, calling, advising or servicing clients in a professional business to business (B2B) and business development environment.
- You will enjoy providing first class customer service to all clients and peers.
- You will be enthusiastic and willing to adapt to a varied role with ability to adhere to deadlines
Desirable Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Evidence of successful experience in a similar role and organisation.
- You will have the ability to work comfortably to personal targets. You will good at planning and organising with the ability to use own initiative to continually identify new business opportunities.
- Experience of working with defined benefit/defined contribution pension schemes
Essential Educational Qualifications
- Educated to A-Level or Scottish Highers with the equivalent of B’s or above in Maths and English GCSE.
Behavioural Competencies for the Role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach.
Working hours, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer. Our Company is committed to work life balance and our flexi working policy and opportunity for remote working enables individuals to maintain that balance.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
We are an equal opportunities employer.