As a leading firm of professional trustees we have an excellent opportunity for a Professional Trustee/Consultant. This individual will perform a consulting role supporting our experienced Professional Trusteeship team in delivering effective trusteeship and consulting services. The role is flexible on location but we would expect the candidate to work in one of our core offices (Belfast, Glasgow, London or Manchester) at least 3 days a week.
This role will be attractive to a pensions professional who has the ability to enhance and support the continued development of our successful trusteeship business and wants to embark on or further develop a career as a professional pension trustee. You will be supporting an experienced Trustee to deliver excellent trusteeship services for which Dalriada is known, and to support the further development of our portfolio of appointments. We are looking for a self motivated individual who is eager to work hard and make an impact. With key industry and technical knowledge, this individual should understand and be able to demonstrate the importance of building and maintaining relationships with our clients, whilst working with colleagues to build a network of industry contacts. The successful candidate should have the capability to work independently and work collaboratively with colleagues across a multi-site business, to ensure the timely and high quality delivery to our clients. You will have the drive and ambition to meet targets of chargeable hours, expectations of colleagues and clients and seek to continually improve and expand our offering.
We would expect the individual to develop into an experienced professional trustee and we will provide training and support to help with this. We would also expect the individual in the long term to be developing their own network of industry contacts.
We are an award winning independent professional trustee firm, and part of an integrated group of privately owned companies that includes Spence & Partners Ltd, Mantle Services Ltd and Mantle Hosting Ltd, a pension software provider. Since our inception we have grown to be one of the largest independent professional trustee companies in the UK and, as well as executive and non executive trustee appointments we provide trusteeship services to schemes with complex backgrounds – for example, those sponsored by employers in financial distress/engaged in wind-up/PPF assessment. We are committed to providing professional trusteeship careers and we support the accredited pensions trusteeship qualification for all of our professional trustees. The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high-quality professional service through strong personal relationships. We take a hands-on approach to the role of a professional trustee, developing innovative solutions. We operate from offices in Belfast, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and London and have clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
- An experienced pension professional with 5 yrs+ broad industry background gained in either pension administration/actuarial/trusteeship/legal and/or pension consultancy practices.
- An understanding of pension trusteeship, with significant knowledge of developing/current pension industry issues.
- Able to demonstrate good technical understanding of pension legislation, regulations and other relevant legislation, codes of practice, including scheme management and compliance, best practice guides and a thorough knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to articulate technical points into laymans’ terms.
- Excellent project and budget management skills.
- Evidence/Portfolio of client management responsibilities
- An individual who can demonstrate the broad spectrum of our competencies
- Working towards or successfully completed a relevant Professional Qualification (such as APMI or FPMI)
- Knowledge and experience of the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) and the Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) guidance, processes and procedures, in addition to The Pensions Regulator (TPR) guidance
Behavioural Competencies for the Role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach.
Working hours, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer. Our Company is committed to work life balance and our flexi working policy and opportunity for remote working enables individuals to maintain that balance.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
We are an equal opportunities employer.