Quality and Compliance Assurance Officer
Location: Belfast, Glasgow or Manchester
Closing Date: 22 May, 2020
As an award-winning and recognised player in the UK Pensions industry, we are currently looking to recruit a Quality and Compliance Assurance Officer to join our highly successful team.
The role will provide support across our group of companies, each of which is at the forefront of providing exemplary customer service in the Pensions industry. You will therefore be willing to take on the challenge of responsibility for helping develop and further improving the quality of our service and internal processes and procedures. You will be able to get to grips quickly with our Business and have leadership and project management skills.
You will provide support and assistance for the further development of our ISO Quality Management Systems. You will be able to effectively engage with your colleagues to ensure their positive engagement with our Quality procedures. You will also provide guidance and support for the implemention of a Quality reporting framework and the management of our Quality KPIs and annual audits.
This role is perfect for an individual with experience in quality management or those that can create and refine internal processes.
We are looking for a self motivated individual who is eager to work hard and make an impact.
We are an integrated group of companies that includes Spence & Partners, a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension and investment consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators, Dalriada Trustees Limited, a leading professional trustee, and Mantle Limited, a data management, information security, software development and IT support business. We operate exclusively in the pensions and financial services industry.
We have over 170 staff across offices in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, London and Manchester and we serve clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
Our culture is embedded in everything we do. Our open door policy enables employees to communicate regularly with each other at all levels. We believe everyone can contribute ideas, and as a business we actively promote this – both to assist our employees in understanding the added value they can contribute, and to positively contribute to our excellent quality delivery to clients. We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
The organisation is currently in the process of further enhancing quality improvements across all areas, and this is an exciting time to join. Industry accreditations are planned for certification during the next 12 months to add to a number of other standards we have held for several years. In addition, significant investment has already been made in a strategic IT resource that aims to maximise the benefits from the hardware and software investments we have made in recent years.
About the role
The role is within our Risk and Audit team reporting to our Compliance Manager, and will be part of a team that includes our Information Security and CRM Management. The purpose of the role is to provide guidance and support in quality improvement and customer service in our expanding organisation. There will be involvement with the integration and refinement of the organisation’s management systems, driven by our ethos of Continuous Improvement.
Some of the specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in the implementation of the Quality and Compliance Monitoring Plan to provde essential management information on the effectiveness of our Quality processes
- Preparing and presenting clear and concise reports to the Board and other management, utilising a range of software tools as required
- Promoting improvement over time and the use of a process approach and risk-based thinking.
- Effectively use incidents in relation to Quality to learn lessons and improve or re-engineer processes for the benefit of the Business
- Regular analysis and review of information to identify any trends that may impact or improve compliance, quality, or other areas in the organisation
- Ensuring internal and external audits of our Quality processes remain on schedule and that any issues are addressed
- Communicating the importance of the Quality management systems in the organisation, and the importance of conformance to processes, ensuring the management systems achieve their intended results.
- Facilitate periodic training and risk workshops on risk-based issues for staff in other business areas Participate in projects across the business
- Providing advice to the management team on any Quality issues
Experience & Knowledge Required
- A strong quality management background from significant and relevant experience in a similar role.
- Competence and experience in ISO management standards, in particular ISO9001:2015 and or ISO 270001:2013
- Significant experience in operational processes
- Demonstrable track record of leading projects to successful completion on time and on budget.
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands ensuring key priorities and deadlines are met through effective time-management
- Creative and analytical approach to solving problems.
- An eye for detail, and the ability to be objective
- Excellent knowledge of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office/Windows applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence the behaviour of colleagues at all levels in the Business.
- The ability to understand what will add value and what will not and the ability to tailor your approach as and when required.
- Experience in the financial sector, and the pensions industry in particular, would be advantageous.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of ISO management standards, preferably including relevant certification/qualification and/or responsibility for the implementation of the Standard in an organisation
- A qualification or training in a continuous improvement methodology would be desirable (e.g., LEAN, 6 Sigma, etc.) and experience in a relevant role with continuous improvement responsibilities
Behavioural competencies for the role
Problem Solving, Credibility, Communication, Leadership, Continuous Learning, Adaptability/Drive
Location: Belfast, Glasgow or Manchester
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with additional hours as and when required.
The role holder will be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel to ensure the delivery of an excellent service for our clients.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.