Senior Professional Trustee
Location: Scotland (Glasgow base with flexibility)
As a leading firm of professional trustees we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced consultant or industry professional to lead and develop the existing Glasgow team of trustees and expand our presence in Scotland.
This role will be attractive to pensions professionals who have significant experience in delivering excellent trusteeship services (or transferrable pension related services), and are able to support the further development of our portfolio of appointments. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is eager to work hard and has the gravitas to make an impact in the Scottish market. With key industry and technical knowledge, you should understand and be able to demonstrate the importance of building and maintaining relationships with our clients, whilst forming a network of key professional connections to identify and ultimately convert new business opportunities. The successful candidate should be a self starter with the ability to inspire and motivate the Scottish team whilst having an agile and dynamic approach to contribute to the success of a multi site business.
We are an award winning independent trustee firm, and part of an integrated group of privately owned companies that includes Spence & Partners Ltd and Mantle Hosting Limited, a pension software provider. Since our inception we have had a particular focus on providing trusteeship services to schemes with complex backgrounds – for example, those sponsored by employers in financial distress/engaged in wind-up/PPF assessment and have built a portfolio of well over 100 trustee appointments.
The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high-quality professional service through strong personal relationships. Each of our senior appointments has the opportunity to use their experience to add value to clients across the group by taking a hands-on approach and developing innovative solutions. In doing this, our employees are able to develop successful and fulfilling careers and build strong networks and enhance professional reputation. We have aspirations to extend our client base across all of our services, and offer integrated solutions, through the use of our highly innovative software platform, Mantle, across our range of services. We are excited about the future at Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada). The industry in which we operate offers a dynamic and challenging environment and our excellent reputation is contributing to the growth of our business from an expanding portfolio of clients.
This new role will be responsible for leading on Trustee services in Scotland. We also operate from offices in Belfast, London, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds and Dublin and the successful applicant may lead on specialist projects at any locations.
- An experienced pension professional/ trustee with a solid industry background.
- Full understanding of pension trusteeship, with significant knowledge of developing/ current pension industry issues.
- Able to demonstrate deep technical understanding of pension legislation, regulations and other relevant legislation, codes of practice, including scheme management and compliance, best practice guides and a thorough knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes.
- Excellent project and budget management skills.
- Evidence of client management responsibility
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to articulate technical points into lay terms
- Experience of identifying new opportunities to grow the business through new appointments or the ability to demonstrate competence to do so is essential.
- Ideally the successful candidate will hold a professional qualification such as FIA or APMI, and will be able to demonstrate a current working knowledge of pensions legislation, particularly as it impacts pension scheme trustees.
We are always looking to broaden the skill set of our Professional Trustee team and we would be particularly interested to hear from people from investment, insurance/buy out and pension focussed corporate restructuring backgrounds.
Behavioural Competencies for the Role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach.
The remuneration for the role will be a market competitive rate that reflects the skills and expertise of the job holder.
Please contact Orla Parkin, HR Manager, if you would like more information on the salary and benefits for this role.
The role holder will be required to work across the United Kingdom and will be expected to travel.
Our working hours are 37.5 hours a week with the requirement to work additional hours as and when required and to facilitate travelling.
Full Flexible benefits package available.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Dalriada Trustee Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on the right.