Essential pensions reading from the last quarter
27th July, 2017
Whilst the schools break up for summer, and the price of a UK family holiday increases ten fold, the pensions world continues unabated.
The last 12 months may have appeared quiet in comparison to the flurried activity of Steve Webb’s Pension Freedoms era but when you look under the surface a lot is moving on. Case law is being rewritten, consultations published (white and green) and the Regulator is casting a wider net in compliance enforcement. With this in mind, this quarters pension update remains essential reading.
The seasonal topics of this quarter include:
- The Pensions Regulator’s latest annual funding statement;
- Responses to various consultations, including DWP’s Green Paper, and
- Musings on the General Election.
- Thoughts on the investment market from our Head of Investment; and
- A significant decision on equality from the Supreme Court.
We always welcome feedback on our updates. It is important we understand the needs of our readers, and if you have any comments please feel free to drop us a line.
And … if you find that you do have time to keep up with things why not follow us on twitter @DalriadaTrustee and keep up to date as you go along.