It is Dalriada’s strong view that companies addressing and managing ESG factors impacting their business will provide better outcomes for their shareholders, and other stakeholders, over the long term. This matters to us from multiple perspectives: investments, service providers and sponsor covenant considerations. More details on our views on ESG can be found in our ESG Policy.
UN Principles for Responsible Investing
Dalriada Trustees is leading the way on responsible investment in the pensions industry. We are the only professional trustee company in the UK to be a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
Therefore, our policies and processes are aligned with that of the UN PRI six principles:
- To incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- To be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- To seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- To promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- To work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- To report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.