A Better Way
Cost-effective and simplified pension management
Many defined benefit schemes are faced with the same issues - how to ensure high standards of governance, value for money and security for scheme members, while aligning trustee objectives with those of the sponsor.
Both the trustees and the sponsor may wish the scheme to continue on its journey plan, with no change for members and a sponsor covenant in place but are unsure how to maintain control within the scheme’s current framework. Dalriada Trustees has developed A better way for you to:
- Govern the scheme through high quality trusteeship, meeting The Pensions Regulator’s requirements and reducing the burden on the employer.
- Efficiently manage scheme advisors and their costs by carefully defining scopes of work, using fixed fees and selecting advisors from our approved panel.
- Benefit from savings on investment management costs that are negotiated across our portfolio of assets under management.
- Benefit from consolidation, lower investment costs and high standards of governance, without the need for lump sum payments from the sponsor.
- Unlike some models of consolidation you will maintain control and the Company can influence the pension scheme outcomes as now rather than being told what to do
- Manage the scheme towards buy out over a suitable time scale, with any gains retained by the scheme and sponsor, rather than paid to a third-party consolidator or insurer.
- Provide the employer with access to the Trustees’ full range of actuarial and investment data to help collaborative decision making.
- Qualified professionals – We employ career professional trustees who are qualified, salaried and able to provide a personal and committed service to clients.
- Pro-active and pragmatic – We work with fellow trustees, employers and other parties in a practical and pro-active manner, focusing on solutions rather than simply reporting the problems.
- Collaborative – We believe in facilitating an open and honest dialogue with advisors and the sponsor.
- Team-based – We operate a team-based approach, making best use of the many different skills we have available in-house.
- Trustee-led – We believe trustee boards should be driven by trustees, not by advisors. The role of the independent trustee includes helping to collaboratively set and deliver the schemes’ strategy.
My Pocket Pension
- Our revolutionary new phone app, My Pocket Pension, gives members the tools and support they need to drive their own agenda and connect with their benefits.
- Members simply download the app to get 24/7 access to real time scheme information, with transfer values refreshed daily.
- The app is easy to use, drives better member engagement and through member self-serve can improve data quality, increase automation and result in more efficient administration.
About Dalriada Trustees Limited
We are owned by three partners who are all actively engaged in the provision of trustee services to clients.
- We are one of five Independent Trustees appointed to the Pension Protection Fund’s (PPF) Trustee Advisory Panel (TAP).
- As at January 2022 we employed 49 professional trustees fully accredited by the APPT, supported by over 50 highly trained staff working in a variety of roles.
- We are the first UK professional trustee firm to sign the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and will be incorporating ESG factors into the decisions we make on behalf of pension schemes across the UK.
- With over 100 staff across the UK, we can call upon in-house administration, actuarial, accounting, payroll, investment and covenant resources to provide exceptional service to our clients.
- We are one of the UK’s largest professional pension scheme trustees’ companies, working with over 300 pension schemes.
- Dalriada is one of a limited number of independent trustees to hold the ISO27001 certificate for our information security management system and have successfully completed both AAF 01/06 and AAF 02/07 audits.
- Dalriada accepts both Sole Trustee and co-trustee appointments.
- We are an Expert Partner to the Pensions Management Institute (PMI) in the area of Pensions Trusteeship.